DIY Budget Gift Idea: Homemade Cookies in Mason Jars
Hmmm Hmm Hmmm……! How do I store or package all of my Valentine’s Day Baking in a cute way? And I also was thinking.. what am I going to do for valentine’s day gift ideas? I thought about this and when I want to brainstorm, I look around the house for cute ideas. And wouldn’t you know it? I came across a Mason Jar, some unused fabric and random twine.
This is a simple DIY Budget Gift Idea: Homemade Cookies in Mason Jars !
What You Need:
- Mason Jar or any Jar with a lid
- Fabric of your choice (Hint: If you don’t have any fabric laying around, just cut up an old shirt! I guarantee you probably have a shirt or two that would like darling if you used it to top off your mason jar
- Name Tag-completely optional and you can create your own by writing on a piece of paper
- Frosting Recipe I used:Perfect Butter cream Frosting Recipe
- Annnnndddd Cookie Recipe I used: No Refrigeration Soft Sugar Cookies
- How To Tutorial on How to Frost Them
Step 1: Place your cookies in your jar and seal the lid. You can use any cookie of your choice. If you want to create this look follow this recipe. This is the perfect sugar cookie with frosting recipe because once the frosting dries, it won’t smudge all over the place. Trust me—I have tested it and this recipe will do the trick ; ) Short on time? Toss in some candy and store bought cookies and I am sure they will be just as delightful.
Step 2: Place your jar of cookies in the center of your fabric. Cut around in a circle. You will want to leave about 10 inches across in diameter for room. Why? It will make it so much easier to tie on your lid and you can clean it up afterwards. It is so much easier than cutting a precise circle and freehand cutting is fast and looks so much better! It’s a no fail….well I think you’re awesome so whatever.
Step 3: Freehand cut the edges of the fabric to your liking. Just make the edges look clean and tidy. Step 4: (Optional) if you have a name tag, tie it around the lid of your mason jar. You can use any fabric for your DIY Homemade Cookies in Mason Jars!